Class 1 Dangerous Goods Explosive Substances and Articles
By admin on 2016-01-07 Views: Update:2016-01-07
Class 1 dangerous goods are explosive substances and articles. There are 6 sub-divisions:
- Division 1.1: Substances and articles which have a mass explosion hazard
- Division 1.2: Substances and articles which have a projection hazard but not a mass explosion hazard
- Division 1.3: Substances and articles which have a fire hazard and either a minor blast hazard or a minor projection hazard or both
- Division 1.4: Substances and articles which present no significant hazard; only a small hazard in the event of ignition or initiation during transport with any effects largely confined to the package
- Division 1.5: Very insensitive substances which have a mass explosion hazard
- Division 1.6: Extremely insensitive articles which do not have a mass explosion hazard
Class 1 Dangerous Goods Examples & Labels
Commonly transported Class 1 Dangerous Goods include ammunitions, fireworks, air bag inflactors and fuse, etc.
Class 1 Dangerous Goods Label
The picture below shows the hazard symbols (label) for Class 1 dangerous goods. More info about the marking and labelling of dangerous goods can be found here.
More Dangerous Goods Classes
Topics - TDG, Dangerous Goods