GB 4806.1-2016 National Food Safety Standard: General Safety Requirements on Food Contact Materials and Articles
Little Pro on 2017-04-07 Views: Update:2018-08-13
GB 4806.1-2016 National Food Safety Standard: General Safety Requirements on Food Contact Materials and Articles specifies the basic requirements, restrictions, compliance, test methods, traceability and product information requirements on food contact materials and articles (FCMs). It sets out general safety requirements which apply to all kinds of food contact materials and articles in China. GB 4806.1-2016 comes into force on 19 Oct 2017.
GB 4806.1-2016: General Safety Requirements
The main requirements of GB 4806.1-2016 are listed as follows:
- FCMs shall not release their constituents into food at levels harmful to human health or change food composition, taste and odour;
- The production of food contact materials and their products shall meet the requirements of GB 31603-2015 National Food Safety Standard General Hygienic Practice for Production of Food Contact Materials and Its Products;
- Food contact materials and food contact additives must comply with relevant restriction conditions in relevant food safety standards.
- Producers must establish a traceability system for FCMs from production to distribution;
- Product information: Food contact materials must be accompanied with sufficient product information when they are sold. This includes product name, material, declaration of conformity to relevant laws, regulations and standards; name, address and contact information of the producer and (or) dealer, production date, warranty period (if applicable), instruction for use, and qualification certificate.
- Labelling: Food contact materials and their final products shall be labelled with "food contact use", "used as food packaging", or be printed or pasted with the sign of spoon or chopsticks (see picture below). Obvious food contact articles such do not require such labelling.
How to Get GB 4806.1-2016
The Chinese version of GB 4806.1-2016 can be downloaded free of charge here. If you wish to purchase the English version of this standard for a small fee, please contact us. Quality of translation is guaranteed.
How to Comply with Food Contact Regulations in China
We do not provide consultancy services. If you have questions or need any help, please contact our sponsor. You may also find an expert in CSP business directory below. If you are a consultant, you may get yourself listed in CSP business directory (free) or
sponsor this page to leave your contact info here and get direct customer inquiries.
Topics - Food Contact, Food Contact Regulations